McCartan Opticians is a small, Irish-owned company situated in the heart of Ringsend, Dublin 4. We try to set ourselves apart by affording our patients the time and individual attention it is not always possible to give in a larger practice.
Established in 1935, McCartan Opticians was a mainstay of life on Lower Baggot St. until, sadly, it closed its doors in early 2010. The business lives on however, now being centred on the Ringsend practice which was set up by Paddy McCartan in 1987. Fortunately, a great number of our loyal Baggot St. patients followed us to supplement our valued Ringsend clientele. Paddy retired in 2019 and Jason McNerney took over the practice, having worked here since 2004.